Welcome!

My name is Lisa Horn, and I am a 3rd grade teacher at Six Mile Charter Academy in Fort Myers, Florida. I have been teaching for 6 years now and am enjoying making a difference in our leaders of tomorrow. I plan on graduating from FGCU with a Master's in Reading during Fall 2013. My educational goals are to motivate reading among students and promote literacy activities within the schools.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Innovation: Wordle

Another innovation that I am working on with my students right now is using Wordle to summarize what my class has learned about the solar system.  Wordle is a Wed 2.0 tool to use when creating word clouds and helps students to reflect on terms and ideas that they have learned on a specific unit or topic.  Students can use different fonts, colors, and orientation of words to display.  It can even be printed out!

I wanted my students to demonstrate to me everything that encompasses the solar system and be able to use this tool as a gallery walk in my classroom.  Students would print out a copy of their Wordle, so other students can write comments and reflect on what that student may have learned.  Students can also present and tell about what they learned creating their wordle.

To create a wordle, access the following site: http://www.wordle.net/create

Example of a Wordle

No comments:

Post a Comment