Welcome!

My name is Lisa Horn, and I am a 3rd grade teacher at Six Mile Charter Academy in Fort Myers, Florida. I have been teaching for 6 years now and am enjoying making a difference in our leaders of tomorrow. I plan on graduating from FGCU with a Master's in Reading during Fall 2013. My educational goals are to motivate reading among students and promote literacy activities within the schools.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Innovation: Creating a Storybird

One of the innovations I started working on this week was adding all of my students to a class list for creating a Storybird.  I had heard about creating stories through a fun and interactive way that also includes images from using Storybird in my Literature and the Learner class last semester.  I had yet to try it out myself, and I also wanted to experiment with my students and see how they enjoyed it as a way to comprehend what they are learning about telling time.  I am working on creating a class assignment where students will be creating a story with at least 5 pages on a day's events using elapsed time.  The students would have to apply what they have been learning in math through creating a story with elapsed time events, as well as work on their writing skills.

To create artful storytelling, visit the following link: http://storybird.com/create/

No comments:

Post a Comment