Welcome!

My name is Lisa Horn, and I am a 3rd grade teacher at Six Mile Charter Academy in Fort Myers, Florida. I have been teaching for 6 years now and am enjoying making a difference in our leaders of tomorrow. I plan on graduating from FGCU with a Master's in Reading during Fall 2013. My educational goals are to motivate reading among students and promote literacy activities within the schools.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Innovation 3: Poll Everywhere

As another innovation to use with teachers during staff development sessions and wih students in my own classroom, I chose to familiarize myself with using www.polleverywhere.com to receive feedback on my teaching and presenting.  It is important that our students receive quick, gratifying feedback, but it is also important to refine and experiment with our teaching by receiving feedback from others.  Poll Everywhere is free to audience members of 40 people or less.  It is easy to sign up on the main page, and polls can be created in less than 5 minutes.  You can create a poll question and provide open responses or closed responses for your audience members, depending on what kind of feedback you want to receive.

I like that this Web 2.0 tool can be used easily and feedback can be received instantaneously through confidentiality from texting a response using your cell phone.  To see how to use Poll Everywhere in your classroom, view the following YouTube video:

No comments:

Post a Comment