Welcome!

My name is Lisa Horn, and I am a 3rd grade teacher at Six Mile Charter Academy in Fort Myers, Florida. I have been teaching for 6 years now and am enjoying making a difference in our leaders of tomorrow. I plan on graduating from FGCU with a Master's in Reading during Fall 2013. My educational goals are to motivate reading among students and promote literacy activities within the schools.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Creating a Presentation

The book that I read this semester in Language Arts 6-12 Methods was Holding on to Good Ideas in a Time of Bad Ones by Thomas Newkirk.  To highlight the important messages and ways to implement language arts strategies in the classroom, I am choosing to create a presentation through Sliderocket.  I had never heard of this Web 2.0 presentation method, and then after watching a demo video of how to create one on YouTube, I decided that this would be a more innovative way for me to display what I had learned in this book.

If interested in creating a Sliderocket presentation, use the following video to help you get started with creating your own presentation:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Q8Jk3jUT0

No comments:

Post a Comment